inHerit Logo



City of Fremantle

Place Number

There no heritage location found in the Google fusion table.


94 Forrest St Fremantle

Location Details

Local Government




Construction Date

Constructed from 1904

Demolition Year


Statutory Heritage Listings

Type Status Date Documents More information
(no listings)

Heritage Council Decisions and Deliberations

Type Status Date Documents
(no listings)

Other Heritage Listings and Surveys

Type Status Date Grading/Management More information
Category Description
Municipal Inventory Adopted Level 3

Level 3

The City of Fremantle has identified this place as being of some cultural heritage significance for its contribution to the heritage of Fremantle in terms of its individual or collective aesthetic, historic, social or scientific significance, and /or its contribution to the streetscape, local area and Fremantle. Its contribution to the urban context should be maintained and enhanced.

Physical Description

Single storey timber framed and weatherboard clad walls and Zincalume hipped and gable roofed house built as a simple Federation Bungalow style or architecture. The asymmetrical façade has a steeply pitched gabled over the projecting front room, windows are timber framed casement. The separate verandah is supported by metal columns that are not original. There is a timber picket fence with masonry piers to the front boundary.


In 1904/5 Lot 1448 was owned by the Government. Rate Books list the first occupant as William Cheatham.
Numbers were allocated in 1905. The house was originally No. 171. It became number 94 when the whole street was renumbered in 1939.
The 1911 sewerage map (No. 2133) shows a weatherboard house with a half-length verandah on the east side, with a full length rear verandah. There was a chimney on the east side wall. In the back yard was a large galvanised iron outbuilding on the west boundary fence, and smaller timber outbuildings on the east fence (wash house/wc).
A long-term resident from c1910 was George C. Watson to c1935, followed by Syd Henderson who was there up to at least 1949 (when post office directory records cease).
The 1948 aerial photo shows that there was a carport or garage attached to the house on the west side, with the driveway
A black and white photo from 1991 is on file (Fremantle LHC Blue File).
Aerial photos (Landgate) show that between 1985 and 1995 the lot was subdivided and another house built at the rear. The original house has been extended in size.


Ref ID No Ref Name Ref Source Ref Date

Place Type

Individual Building or Group


Epoch General Specific
Present Use RESIDENTIAL Single storey residence
Original Use RESIDENTIAL Single storey residence

Construction Materials

Type General Specific
Roof METAL Zincalume
Wall TIMBER Weatherboard

Historic Themes

General Specific

Creation Date

25 Feb 2003

Publish place record online (inHerit):


Last Update

03 Jun 2021


This data is provided by the City of Fremantle. While every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of this data, the City of Fremantle makes no representations or warranties about its accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose and disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages (including indirect or consequential damage) and costs which you might incur as a result of the data being inaccurate or incomplete in any way and for any reason. Under no circumstances should this data be used to carry out any work without first contacting the City of Fremantle for the appropriate confirmation and approval.