inHerit Logo



City of Fremantle

Place Number

There no heritage location found in the Google fusion table.


132 Holland St Fremantle

Location Details

Local Government




Construction Date

Constructed from 1903

Demolition Year


Statutory Heritage Listings

Type Status Date Documents More information
(no listings)

Heritage Council Decisions and Deliberations

Type Status Date Documents
(no listings)

Other Heritage Listings and Surveys

Type Status Date Grading/Management More information
Category Description
Municipal Inventory Adopted Level 3

Level 3

The City of Fremantle has identified this place as being of some cultural heritage significance for its contribution to the heritage of Fremantle in terms of its individual or collective aesthetic, historic, social or scientific significance, and /or its contribution to the streetscape, local area and Fremantle. Its contribution to the urban context should be maintained and enhanced.

Physical Description

House, 132 Holland Street is a single storey timber and iron house constructed as a simple variation of the Victorian Georgian style of Architecture. The walls are timber framed and clad with timber weatherboards. The roof is hipped and corrugated iron clad. The front verandah is under a separate corrugated iron bullnose roof. The verandah is supported by turned timber posts. The symmetrical façade has a central entry door and timber framed windows symmetrically placed either side of the central door. A rendered chimney is evident. The place has a painted timber picket front boundary fence and gate.


This house on Lot 1459.was built in the 1903/04 rate period and was owned by the government and occupied by Harry Wilson. In 1905/06 the government owned house was occupied by Henry Marshall, a labourer.
By 1909/10 John Christensen was the owner/occupier and by 1916/17 the owner was Mrs Grace Christensen. Ernest Lacey had become the owner by the mid-1930s and his tenant was Patrick Joseph Dunne. In 1943/44 Lacey was still the owner and Dunne the occupant. In 1949 the occupant was Wilfred L Robbins.

The 1911 sewerage map (No. 2133) shows a simple weatherboard house with a verandah at the rear and a timber outbuilding on the west side of the lot.
Numbers were allocated in 1905. The house was originally number 207, and became number 130 when the whole street was renumbered in 1937.
Aerial photos show that between 1999 and 2004 the rear of the house was extended, and c2010 the lot was subdivided and another house built at the rear which is now 130. The original c1903 modified house is now 132.


Condition assessed as good (assessed from streetscape survey only).

Place Type

Individual Building or Group


Epoch General Specific
Original Use RESIDENTIAL Single storey residence
Present Use RESIDENTIAL Single storey residence

Architectural Styles

Victorian Georgian

Construction Materials

Type General Specific
Roof METAL Corrugated Iron
Wall TIMBER Weatherboard

Historic Themes

General Specific

Creation Date

07 Aug 2010

Publish place record online (inHerit):


Last Update

03 Jun 2021


This data is provided by the City of Fremantle. While every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of this data, the City of Fremantle makes no representations or warranties about its accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose and disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages (including indirect or consequential damage) and costs which you might incur as a result of the data being inaccurate or incomplete in any way and for any reason. Under no circumstances should this data be used to carry out any work without first contacting the City of Fremantle for the appropriate confirmation and approval.